Our PLANT FOR BIRDS outreach program in Wilton Manors recently got the attention of national media.
Learn more about this PLANT FOR BIRDS and
M.E. PARK in Wilton Manors.
SOUTH FLORIDA AUDUBON SOCIETY (SFAS) is one of the 45 chapters of Audubon Florida and National Audubon Society, Inc. We provide a wide range of services to members and the general public including
SFAS was formerly known as the Broward County Audubon Society. Because of our growth and regional outreach, we made a change to the name and logo in 2008. View the history below and our archives for more information about our history.
The First Board of Directors included:
Roy David Walker
Urban Conservation Director
Birding Programs Consultant
Original Charter subscribers included:
Avian Biologist and Project Director
Jessica DeBlois Sinnes
January 11, 1956 - The Broward County Audubon Society became an official nonprofit organization on January 11, 1956, and today is classified as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The purposes and objectives of the Society, as amended since incorporation, were to:
Devin Aver PhD
The first Officers included:
mission & vision
South Florida Audubon Society fosters conservation through local, regional, national, and global environmental advocacy and activities throughout South Florida focusing on birds, other wildlife, and their habitats, for the benefit of humanity and the earth's biological diversity.
More than 7,500 people volunteer for us each year and make a difference in the lives of thousands of sea turtles and birds
Find out how you can become involved.
First Vice President
First Corresponding Secretary